Business and Public Service Department's Mission Statement:
Midlands Technical College’s Business and Public Service Department provides an innovative, up-to-date learning environment that enables individuals to achieve their personal, professional and educational goals for the purpose of contributing to the economic growth of the community.
Business and Public Service Department Goals:
- Quality Instruction – To assure consistently high-quality instruction in all modes of delivery
- Student Success – To work collaboratively with other areas of the College to encourage students to achieve their educational goals and succeed in work and/or continued education
- Program and Curricula – To develop, market, and maintain quality programs that are responsive to the needs of our service areas
- Technology – To employ appropriate technologies effectively to enhance instruction and student learning
- Professional Development – To foster continuing education and professional development for faculty and staff
Business and Public Service Department Motto:
Ready for Change, Ready for the Future, Ready for You!
Programs offered by the MTC Business and Public Service Department:
The Business and Public Service Department at MTC is home to seven programs: Accounting, Criminal Justice, Early Care and Education, Human Services, Paralegal, Management and Marketing. Click on the links for additional information about that program.
In addition, we offer Certificates in: Criminal Justice, Entrepreneurship, Gerontology, Paralegal
The Business Department's Accounting, Management and Marketing two-year associate degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The ACBSP does not accredit certificates. Paralegal program is approved by the American Bar Association.
For more information on Advisement, click on Academic Advising.
Academic Success Centers:
Click here to access the Academic Success Center information.
Transferability of Courses:
Although the courses offered by the Business Department are not designed for transfer to other senior institutions, some courses may transfer. For information on articulation (transfer) agreements click here.
For information about the Business and
Public Service Department,
please call the department chair, Melvin Hawkins, at 803-822-3592
or the department assistant, Kim Bauer, at 803-822-3320.