The Office of Assessment, Research, and Planning, in coordination with primary users, develops and utilizes data systems that collect, analyze, and communicate information to support college-wide planning, evaluation, and management decisions. The Office serves as the liaison to external agencies regarding evaluation processes and products.
ROLE AND SCOPE
The Office of Assessment, Research, and Planning implements its mission through:
- Assessment – Collects and analyzes data to evaluate the college's effectiveness and performance of its students, programs and administration.
- Research and Analysis – Conducts research and performs analysis to support decision-making.
- Planning –Facilitates the development, dissemination, evaluation, and communication of the college's planning process.
- Data Management – Compiles, validates, reports, and maintains institutional data to meet internal and external requirements.
- Liaison to External agencies – Coordinates, with appropriate governmental and accrediting agencies, compliance with mandated planning, accountability, and institutional effectiveness requirements.
Midlands Technical College's Office of Assessment, Research, and Planning is a national model for user-oriented planning, research, analysis, and communication of value-added information on college programs and services.
The Office of Assessment, Research, and Planning values:
- Accurate data collection and analysis that supports decision-making.
- Collaboration with faculty, staff, and other constituencies.
- Contributions from faculty, staff, and students to the college's decision-making process.
- Excellence in planning, research, and assessment.
- Effective and efficient use of human, fiscal, and physical resources.