|Improving Your Study Skills and Habits
To maximize your potential as a student you need to prepare efficiently and effectively for your classes. The following resources are designed to help you evaluate your current study habits and expand on the skills you already have. Click on the links below to learn more about a specific topic and access additional on-line resources.
- Time Management - ideas on daily, weekly, and semester long scheduling. Learn how to make the most of your time.
- Test Taking - strategies to help you improve test preparation as well as tips on how to perform your best on multiple choice, essay, and true-false exams. Learn how to show what you know.
- Test Anxiety - tactics you can use to battle anxiety before and during exams. Learn how to better manage the stress you feel at test time.
- Paper Writing - hints on how to organize and write research papers, critical essays, opinion pieces, and more. Learn how to systematically approach writing assignments.
- Note Taking - tips on how to get the most out of a lecture and put it in a form that will be useful to you later. Learn how note-taking and long-term memory are linked.
- Reading Strategies - methods you can use to improve reading comprehension. Learn how to attack reading assignments in a way that produces usable study materials.
- Motivation and Goal Setting - thoughts on the role motivation plays in maximizing potential. Learn how to increase your motivation and set goals to improve performance.
Information on this web page was developed by the University of Iowa and is used with permission.