Step 1: Apply to MTC
- Submit an admissions application online (preferred) at MIDLANDSTECH.EDU/admissions or print a paper one.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
- Submit a FAFSA at fafsa.gov. MTC’s school code is 003993. This is the first step to be considered for most types of financial aid. For assistance with completing the FAFSA, contact the Educational Opportunity Center at 803.822.3749.
Step 3: Open Your Online Student Accounts
- After applying to MTC, the Admissions Office will send you information to log in to two important student accounts: MyMTC and MyMTC Email. You must first set up MyMTC before logging in to MyMTC Email. The college will communicate with you through MyMTC Email, so it is very important to access these accounts!
Step 4: Complete the Admissions Process
- Submit your official high school transcript (showing graduation and final GPA) or GED. Contact your high school about how to order a transcript.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended and any SAT or ACT scores less than three years old.
- If you have not completed a college-level math and English with a “C” or better, you may be required to take the placement test and complete the MTC Writing Placement Test..
- Applicants should allow two to three days for the admissions process.
Step 5: Complete New Student Orientation
- Orientation is required for all new students.
- Schedule your New Student Orientation through your MyMTC account once you've been admitted and all placement assessments have been scored.
- Transfer students are required to complete an interactive online orientation.
- Orientation is designed to inform students about college services, academic expectations, technology resources and to prepare students for a successful academic journey.
Step 6: Complete Academic Advisement
- Your advisor will assist you with selecting courses for your major based on placement test scores and/or prior college credits.
- New students should review their Placement Test scores on MyMTC. New students (never attended college) may be advised for their initial courses at their orientation session.
- Transfer students (those with prior college credits) must schedule an advisement appointment through the academic department for their MTC major. Contact information is made available on the MTC website each semester. MIDLANDSTECH.EDU/advisement.
Step 7: Register for Classes
- You must take your completed Advisement form to the Records Office for data entry during the registration period.
- If your advisor has enabled you for online registration, you may register through your MyMTC account during the registration period.
Step 8: Pay Tuition and Fees
- After you register for classes, you must pay any balance due by the payment deadline, or your classes can be dropped for non-payment
- You will not receive a bill. Your balance due can be viewed on your MyMTC account. It will include any financial aid awards.
Step 9: Buy Books
- Textbooks and other supplies are available through campus bookstores. Students with financial aid may have a bookstore allowance.
Step 10: Register Your Vehicle & Obtain Student Photo ID
- Students must register any vehicle they park on campus through their MyMTC account. Failure to do so can result in a fine. Have your Student Photo ID Card made at the Student Life Office once the semester begins.
What are the admission requirements at MTC?
The requirements for admission to MTC differ depending on the type of student. For detailed information regarding MTC’s admissions requirements organized by student type, please visit Admissions Requirements.